Swimming pools become geo-intelligent

Time to make one of our customers talk. Alpes Piscine Services is an SME which contacted us a year ago with an ambitious goal: improve their brand image and credibility inside the Isere and Savoie French departments and streamline their customer instant communications.

A year after, Alpes Piscine Services is renewing our services. Time to make a recap an assessment of the achievements with Luis Garcia, director of the company.

What made you contact Kitewalk in the first place?
L.G: We are swimming pools artisans, as such we are full-time on the field, visiting customers, designing solutions for them, creating and repairing water recreation spaces. We do not know anything about technology, yet we needed to invest in it, to be able to compete. We had a very basic website, ugly and full of outdated information, definitely far away from bigger swimming pool companies. We were "the ugly ones". Such lack of image and credibility track records does not pay out and you need to double up efforts to gain yourself a place. A friend of mine talked to me about Kitewalk and their innovative geographical intelligence communication concept and I immediately felt that was what I needed.

Why?
L.G: I wanted new customers to perceive that we had created successful swimming pools and spas right on their own cities and villages, that we were able to deliver in the area. Proximity and ability of execution are must haves in our domain. Swimming pool owners wish to feel you are both capable and only a few minutes away.

So you wished to invest in an app solution, why was that?
L.G: Because I move continuously and so do my customers. I knew that a website would be more static and would become soon obsolete, just as the previous one. I wanted an app, something that would surprise my prospects, with our brand clear. An app which I would open and, just through a click, would present our customers the Alpes Piscine Services coloured catalog of creations and works around them, to improve their inmediate trust and empathy levels. Something I could simply get out of my pocket at a very specific moment in the prospecting conversation to "get my space" and confirm my "visit card".

Was such app launched? Did it work as expected?
L.G: It worked better than expected! By the second month of the app, I had already signed 2 new projects with 2 new customers to whom I had shown our track record through the app. I can not tell you that the app was key to gain them, because we are swimming pool creators at the end of the day... But I felt the inmediate credibility levels in their looks when they were exposed to it. They were feeling reassured. Days after our meeting, through the app statistics, I could easily see how many times they navigated through our different creations, which photos they looked at, etc. As far as I am concerned, the app played a major role into their choice decision. Enough for me to feel that the yearly money spent was worth the investment, and that already from that second month.

One year after, if you had to name the two major benefits the app has brought to you, which would them be?
L.G: Well, one great thing is the instant messaging communications. All of the projects are "chattable", which means that any user of the app discovering a specific creation of his or her interest can simply start a chat with me from that particular project. This allows me to keep communications controlled on a per project basis. For example, when I work on a 3-month project for a particular customer in Voiron, we will both exchange communications through the mobile app corresponding project, we will exchange information, questions, status, photos, etc. I know I will have all stored inside the project itself and not through a parallel chat on Facebook or Whatsapp. Everything which is work related must remain inside my working app.

So instant messaging then...
L.G: Yes, and attached to it, there is the second one: instant notifications on work progress. My customers can follow their own projects (and they do!). This allows them to be notified about the evolution of their projects in real time from their offices. For instance, the app allows me to upload pics of my daily progress and, as I upload them, the followers of such specific project will get instantly notified that the project they are following has new photos and access them immediately. To me this is great, as I am both "creating my track record catalog" and "communicating" at the same time without further interruptions. I simply keep concentrated on my work, I do no longer need to think on things such as "Ooops, I need to contact Mr. X to let him know that we have fixed the pool stairs". Mr. X will know "automagically".

It seems you are happy, then...
L.G: Well, there are always things that can be improved. I have already mentioned you during the year that I would love the app to work offline, without internet connection, as sometimes I move through areas with low network bandwidth. But overall, yes, I am happy! My app is better than any booklet I could imagine. And cheaper too. The contents adapt to my customers and prospects in real time and in real place. They can choose their own categories of interest. They are provided back with exactly what they are searching for with a click. At first, location intelligence was a tough concept to understand, I was coming from the booklets static-information world. Today, what I do no longer understand is how I could live without it for so long.

You mentioned earlier something about statistics, would you like to ellaborate a bit more on those?
L.G: Well, the truth is that I have not taken yet advantage of all the possibilities that the app statistics provide. I know I am able to see very fancy big-data, as you like to say. But I always remain in the basics. I do like to know when new prospects access the app, but going beyond that would require to sit down for a while and inspect the provided heatmaps after a 12-hour hard day outside.... And that's when my fatigue beats me and I typically end up going to bed instead.

No problem, that is perfectly understandable. Thanks for allowing us to get your insights on your experience as a Kitewalk customer. Looking forward to talk to you again soon!
L.G: No problem and thanks to you, guys. Looking forward to this second year.

___________________________

Kitewalk's Alpes Piscine Service mobile app can be downloaded both from the Appstore and from Google Play.



Comments